My name is Allan and I was not invited to the Summer 2011 Y-Combinator interviews. I was pretty bummed out over the last 48 hours, but life goes on.
For the past several months I have been working on making it easy to bring sports news that you care about to your desktop, inbox or mobile device. You can read more about it at http://www.prorumors.com. It was in response to YC's request for startup #1
YC would have been a lot of help for my startup, but in the wake of my "rejection" email, I must keep on trucking along. However, I decided to start this project in parallel to my PRO Rumors project because I knew others were in the same boat.
The purpose of this project is to gather like-minded individuals to form an alternate YC group in the Bay Area to coincide with the official YC group to keep us focused and motivated.
This is what we want to do:
- Find 5 groups that will meet once per week in the Santa Clara, CA area starting around May 15, 2011 for about 12 weeks.
- Meet once per week to a have a dinner where we can discuss our projects, plans, problems and accomplishments.
- Gather other successful founders of Bay Area companies to meet with us in a small group environment to answer our questions.
- After the 12 weeks, we'll gather several investors at a TBD location, invite the press and do our own demo day.
What we will not do:
- Will not give you funding, but hopefully through out efforts we can make that happen.
- Will not make you incorporate.
- Will not provide you the secret sauce to magically make things happen - hard work and determination is the only way.
What's the catch?
- We have to keep this group small in this first batch to make it successful. We need to stay laser focused.
- Be open, be helpful and be prepared to share ideas and lessons learned.
- Come with an fun and open-minded attitude.
- We're not charging for anything, but keep in mind that we'll probably collect money for food and other expenses (we'll go over this when the time comes).
- Please fill out the form below. Sorry, I can't fill out an NDA.
- Deadline to fill this out is 5pm PST, April 19, 2011.
- I'll contact those that are most promising.
- I'll come out with a F.A.Q. list as soon as questions start to come in.
I look forward to working with you all soon.